Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shining a light on Thanksgiving

Today’s Tract List

Sherlock Homes vs. Dracula part 1
Bruce Dickinson- Dracula- The Best of Bruce Dickinson
Mathew Ryan Woods- Frightening- Edgewise
Saran Noni Metzner- Leave the Light on-Mansion of Happiness
The Creepshow- Rue Morgue Radio-Run for your life
The Royal Canadian Air Farce- Getting out the Vote-Green Album
Divine Brown- Meet me at the Roxy-The Love Chronicles
Springer & Ducomrun- The Light Bulb Man- 2 weeks from everywhere
Terminal Statues- Adult Teeth- Bedroom
October Sky- Hit the Ground- Hell isn’t my Home
Mary Lu Lord- Sugar, Sugar- Saturday Morning
Bowser & Blue- A Scrum with M. Chretien-The Illustrated Canadian Songbook
He is not Dead Yet- Spamalot
Monty Python- Election Special- Live at Drury Lane


I Usually play more then 15 tracts but today as a busy day.
First off my Morning drama was longer then usual. My starting drama a half hour show at the beginning of my show but SH v. D ran 45 min, but come on, it’ Sherlock Homes and Dracula together! I had to play it. While I was traveling I found a Graphic called Scarlet by Gaslight, witch was Homes and Drack. It was a great story but different from the drama I’m playing. The show takes place along with what happened in the book, while S by G happened after what happened in the book. Also in the Drama Sherlock is quick to acknowledge who and what his adversary is and Watson is the doubter, while in the S by G , Watson quickly accepts that Drac is a Vampire while Homes as a (temporary) break down when he confronts Drac.

Second, as per my want I like to research holidays that are coming up in the week so I gave a brief history of Canadian Thanksgiving.
Did you know . . .

Thanksgiving is a statuary Holiday in all of Canada except New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island.

The fist Thanksgiving was in 1578 held by explorer Martin Frobisher. (Even though it celebration of thanks have been held by various First Nations groups for centuries)

Thanksgiving was made Official on January 31 1957.


No? Well now you do.

I was also reminding people about the election on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to it. The only problem is I’m not sure where to vote. I’m sure I’ll figure it out.
Finaly I spent a good bulk of the show telling light bulb jokes. At Word on the street I picked up a book called Light Bulb 101 by Todd Vercoe. It’s over 4800 Light bulb jokes that he has collected from around the world.

How many radio general managers does it take to change a light bulb?

“It’s not in the budget. Work in the dark”

How many Oldies Radio program directors does it take to change a light bulb?

Three: One to change the bulb, and two to reminisce about the old one.

How many radio jocks does it take to change a light bulb?

“We had a light bulb in here”

And of core I had to have one for each of the parties.

How many Conservative Party members does it take to change a light bulb?

Any number: They’re all really good at screwing up.

How many Green Party members does it take to change a light bulb?

None: They use light bulbs that never burn out, so they don’t know how.

How many Liberal Party members does it take to change a light bulb?

It depends on how many of their friends are electrical engineers

How many NDP members does it take to change a light bulb?

None: They use candles because it creates more work.

How many honest politicians does it take to change a light bulb?

When we find one we’ll let you know.

So there we go here is my first official Blog. Not that bad is it. Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments: